Dream Center OKC exists to reach, rescue, and restore people in need to achieve their dreams. We do this by investing in at-risk kids, meeting basic needs, and serving clients with complex needs through relationships and referrals. Many of our current programs were born out of Inner City Church, yet our vision is larger. Since 2014, all outreach-based programs were realigned under the OKC Dream Center to allow both Inner City Church and Dream Center OKC to flourish. Inner City Church builds strong families of faith in the inner city, while Dream Center is a separate 501(c)(3) organization that exists to reach, rescue, and restore people in poverty.
“The most terrible poverty is loneliness, and the feeling of being unloved.” – Mother Teresa
Our goal is to reach, rescue, and restore over 750 people by December 2017. In 2016 we accomplished:
- Maintained over 200 at-risk youth through sports, individual mentoring, and summer and afterschool programs
- Logged in over 10,000 hours of volunteer labor
- Distributed over 80,000 pounds of groceries to needy families
- Weekly connected 100 adults to community resources and mentoring
- Distributed over 60,000 pieces of clothing away to over 500 families
- Accomplished the goal of converting each $1 donated into $7 in goods and services back into our community
Will you be a part of making this dream a reality? Donate or volunteer today! Dream Center OKC is a part of the Dream Center network. Read more about the LA Dream Center and the passion that ignited a movement to reach America’s inner cities.